Planning a budget-vacation does not necessarily mean you have to compromise on comforts and pleasures while traveling. Actually, there are some tricks and tactics one can use to slash the holiday costs even without compromising on nothing more important. No matter you're planning a Singapore tour or a holiday in Bangkok, if you know how to balance your travel budget and are well-aware of current travel deals, discounts and special offers to your destination of choice, you can definitely have a delightful vacation at lower possible cost. However, it's imperative you make a thorough research and well-informed decisions when booking your travel packages, airline tickets and other travel-related deals.
Some tips to help you cut-down travel costs:
• If you travel to a city with multiple airports, do not overlook the opportunity to land at an alternate airport. Usually, flying to a less-known airport cost slightly less than to the one larger, international in the same city. Also, it may allow you to skip traffic that people usually find at the main airport. However, search well to calculate taxi fares from all airports to your desired destination to avoid paying extra for ground transportation.
• Not everyone know this fact that booking and flying on some specific days of the week may save a significant amount of money. Many airlines offer discounts on fares of Tuesday bookings. Also, you're more likely to find a better deal if you choose to fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. However, you would be better confirming it in advance.
• Planning the vacation well-ahead usually gives you an upper hand when it comes to booking travel deals. You have to pay extra for last-minute booking of your travel packages. And if you reserve the deals well in advance, you're more likely to find them with handsome discounts.
• One of the most certain options to slash travel costs is to opt for off-peak travel deals. You'll find many agencies offering attractive packages to your desired destination. You may save up to 50% or more off your total vacation cost traveling the place off-peak season.
• Surf the internet to find some reputed travel portals, and then subscribe them. Some travel sites allow free membership, and once you sign up, you will start receiving packages deals from the company on your cell phone or email ID.
• While booking an accommodation, it's beneficial to conduct research before finalizing any deal. Consider calling hotel or resort directly to inquire about the best deals available. You can contact a travel agency to find a package that meets your requirements and pre-fixed budget. Also, do not hesitate to negotiate the rate or package deal.
• Get a fair idea about ground transportation options available at your travel destination. Research in advance on transport options like local transportation, taxis and car rental services, and decide which one is the best. Do not forget to get info about prices for all, so that you find it easy to negotiate when …