There is a lot of cynicism surrounding St Valentine's Day, the so-called 'greetings card holiday', but at its core is the celebration of love between two people. However, planning something special for you and your significant other to do on February 14th is never easy. However, in Liverpool, there are a host of great attractions and activities to provide you with a fun and romantic occasion.
1. The first thing you'll need is a quality hotel in Liverpool city center. There are a wide range to choose from, including some great value boutique hotels.
2. Liverpool also boasts of a wide range of fantastic restaurants, including Panoramic, San Carlo and Noble House, so you can both enjoy a delicious and romantic meal.
3. Liverpool's Albert Dock is a fantastic attraction that's well worth experiencing. As well as a host of restaurants and boutique shops, it also has some great bars that may be ideal if you and your partner want a few drinks.
4. The nightlife does not end there in Liverpool, though. If your idea of a perfect Valentine's is a night of dancing and partying with your significant other, there are a few cities in the country that can compete.
5. If you're booking a romantic break for you and your girlfriend and wife, why not treat them to a day of shopping before your evening plans? With the Liverpool One and the Cavern Quarter, there's plenty to enjoy for shopaholics.
6. Live music is always conducive to love and Liverpool has some great venues, including the Echo Arena, Carling Academy and Cavern Club.
7. Alternately, you may want something more romantic like a trip to the theater. The Everyman, Empire and Playhouse theaters all have great shows for the two of you to enjoy.
8. A trip to Aintree could also make for the perfect romantic weekend, especially with Lady's Day meets offering an opportunity for getting glammed up.
9. Or, maybe you both love Football. In Anfield and Goodison Park, Merseyside boasts two historic football grounds that host top notch Premier League action.
10. For a more traditionally romantic activity, Liverpool has some inspiring museums. The Tate Liverpool and Beatles Story could be perfect for experiencing international and local culture.